Good dating coaches are internet savvy these days. On a recent episode of the Rachael Ray TV show, dating coach DeAnna Lorraine explained five important dating profile make-over tips that can improve your profile and get the attention of the right person.
DeAnna's Profile Tips
Did you know that more people today meet online than anywhere else? True love could be just a click away for you, but first you need an online profile that will attract Mr. (or Mrs.) Right. "It really is all about the profile," says online dating expert DeAnna
Lorraine. "If you have a bad profile, it could be costing you so many dates." Coul
d that be the problem for 31-year-old Katie? DeAnna steps in to find out and to share her tips.
• Choose photos that show off your best assets. Katie had her hair pulled back in her main profile photo and she was wearing a frumpy, dark turtleneck. DeAnna switches it to a photo that highlights her beautiful red curly hair and smile.
• Don't send the wrong message. Katie included photos of herself in a wedding party and holding a baby -- both of which could be off-putting to some men who might interpret that she is desperate to beat her biological clock or dying to settle down.
• Show off your personality. Make sure your photo shows something about who you are. For example, if you love the outdoors or traveling, let your personality come through with a fun photo from your last hiking trip or vacation.
• Headlines should be short and simple. Katie's original headline read like a boring laundry list of qualities she was looking for in a match. DeAnna revises it to be shorter, sweeter, and enticing: "Anyone up for some wild ringlets and fine wine?"
• Avoid being negative. Katie posted that her job was very demanding, which DeAnna suggests could be a turn-off. DeAnna suggests that men would be attracted to a woman who's passionate about her job, so she helps Katie reword her post to convey more energy and enthusiasm.
• Be persistent. It's easy to get discouraged after a bad experience with Internet dating. But it can take time! So be committed and put the necessary time and effort into it.
One of the best tips DeAnna provides is put up a good picture of yourself. Easier said than done. Where do you go to find a good dating portrait photographer? Awesome Headshots, the featured dating headshot and portrait photographer in Northern California for Match.com, eHarmony, Look Better Online and Dating Headshots delivers amazing results. Here’s what a few of his single dating clients have said about Awesome Headshots:
“He was very encouraging and kept the pace going so I felt comfortable and at ease”. - Bette
“Craig was good at making me feel comfortable with the process”. - Michelle
“He kicked ass”. - Wilson
"Craig is the best. He is professional but also very personable. I don't usually like having my pictures taken but he made the whole experience fun and exciting. I was comfortable with him right away as if he was an old friend". - Pamela
"Craig was WONDERFUL. He made the photographic session light hearted and fun. I was very, very pleased with the work he did." - Lynn
So what’s stopping you from making that perfect online profile? Contact Awesome Headshots today and take the first step in finding that perfect match.